Auto-connect and greedy plug behaviour for for gtk-common-themes and gtk-theme-traditionalhumanized snaps

I’m making this request in relation to testing automatic theme installation. I’d like two changes:

• allow any snap to auto connect to gtk-theme-traditionalhumanized's gtk-2-themes and gtk-3-themes slots.
  • update the declaration for gtk-common-themes and gtk-theme-traditionalhumanized snaps to allow greedy connection for their gtk-2-themes and gtk-3-themes slots.

I believe the snap declaration syntax I’m requesting is as follows:

slots:
  content:
    allow-auto-connection:
      -
        plug-attributes:
          content: $SLOT(content)
        slot-attributes:
          content: gtk-2-themes
        slots-per-plug: "*"
      -
        plug-attributes:
          content: $SLOT(content)
        slot-attributes:
          content: gtk-3-themes
        slots-per-plug: "*"

It wouldn’t hurt to update the icon-themes and sound-themes slots on gtk-common-themes too, but these two should be enough to test the feature.

The gtk-theme-traditionalhumanized snap is currently owned by @kenvandine, who is also part of the desktop team.

Is there any more information I need to provide for someone to have a look at this?

Ok the request is understood - summarising it here - since we want multiple theme snaps to be able to provide the same content interface (so that we don’t have a single snap gtk-common-themes to provide every possible theme, allowing other themes to be provided as separate snaps) and have them all be auto-connected to the various app snaps that plug this content interface, we need to grant greedy plug behaviour for them all. For now, as a test, this is requested for gtk-common-themes and gtk-theme-traditionalhumanized.

gtk-common-themes already has the auto-connection declaration for its gtk-2-themes and gtk-3-themes slots - so for this we just want the greedy plug declaration added (slots-per-plug: "*").

gtk-theme-traditionalhumanized however does not already have the auto-connection declaration, so for this also needs to be added in this case.

+1 from me for both.

1 Like