Snap wishlist - suggestions wanted!

Yeah, ditto on pCloud !

Jellyfin is an opensource alternative for plex an appvote for snap version here would be good

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Snapping HDRView

VirtualBox . the version in 16.04 is getting ooooooooooooold

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Snapping rx pixel editor

Chiaki

Chiaki is a free and open source software client for PlayStation 4 remote play for Linux.

Everything necessary for a full streaming session, including the initial registration and wakeup of the console, is supported. The following features however are yet to be implemented:

• Congestion Control
  • H264 Error Concealment (FEC and active error recovery however are implemented)
  • Touchpad support (Triggering the Touchpad Button is currently possible by pressing T on the keyboard)
  • Rumble
  • Configurable Keybindings
2 Likes

RingCentral, something my work uses which was formerly a thorn in my side, now seems to be venturing into supporting Linux! https://ringcentral.zoom.us/download They’re doing the old fashioned package for every distro under the sun, just thought there might be opportunity there to get a new business partner on board with the new packaging paradigm.

1 Like

Any news about Green with Envy as a Snap

1 Like

You could try to contact them through

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/contact-support?language=en_US

There is a live chat to talk to them about considering a Snap package, i suppose explaining why it would be more optimal rather than doing individual packaging for several distros.

GNS3 would be a good addition

KakaoTalk PC messaging app

It would be a great addition! It is hard to install by itself and would be an amazing candidate to show how great snaps are

Request: firefox-trunk (nightly)

I’m grateful for the official firefox snap. But I’d really appreciate also having a (separately installable) firefox-trunk (nightly) snap. Any chance of getting one?

1 Like

Request: virt-manager and/or aqemu

EDIT: I realize that virt-manager as a snap may be a difficult ask. For me, an official thunderbird snap and an official firefox-trunk snap would be higher priorities. But virt-manager and/or aqemu would be nice too. :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: Snapping Thunderbird

NetworkManager including VPN. VPN is very important for IoT gateways.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Mmjm snap

A post was split to a new topic: Mattermost server snap

I would like to see MPC-HC get a snap(it’s windows only but it’s open source).
It’s the best media player I know, and couldn’t find anything that even comes close to it.

This might be a dumb query, but why exactly there is no snap of Chrome?? The most popular web browser and the only one to watch Netflix OOTB. It still requires terminal to install Chrome on Ubuntu…

I came across this one the other day when I was trying to use Pandoc and found out the version in the Ubuntu repos is pretty outdated. It’d be very nice to have a snap version.

1 Like