Snap wishlist - suggestions wanted!

You could try to contact them through

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/contact-support?language=en_US

There is a live chat to talk to them about considering a Snap package, i suppose explaining why it would be more optimal rather than doing individual packaging for several distros.

GNS3 would be a good addition

KakaoTalk PC messaging app

It would be a great addition! It is hard to install by itself and would be an amazing candidate to show how great snaps are

Request: firefox-trunk (nightly)

I’m grateful for the official firefox snap. But I’d really appreciate also having a (separately installable) firefox-trunk (nightly) snap. Any chance of getting one?

1 Like

Request: virt-manager and/or aqemu

EDIT: I realize that virt-manager as a snap may be a difficult ask. For me, an official thunderbird snap and an official firefox-trunk snap would be higher priorities. But virt-manager and/or aqemu would be nice too. :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: Snapping Thunderbird

NetworkManager including VPN. VPN is very important for IoT gateways.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Mmjm snap

A post was split to a new topic: Mattermost server snap

I would like to see MPC-HC get a snap(it’s windows only but it’s open source).
It’s the best media player I know, and couldn’t find anything that even comes close to it.

This might be a dumb query, but why exactly there is no snap of Chrome?? The most popular web browser and the only one to watch Netflix OOTB. It still requires terminal to install Chrome on Ubuntu…

I came across this one the other day when I was trying to use Pandoc and found out the version in the Ubuntu repos is pretty outdated. It’d be very nice to have a snap version.

1 Like

From the author of pandoc is gitit which is a small-scale wiki somewhat akin to ikiwiki. I’ve tried backportpackage on gitit previously and wound up with broken pieces in my test PPA. The author encourages the use of cabal install but a snap would be better. This might require classic confinement since it would interact heavily with git/darcs/mercurial.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Snapping SuperTux

A post was split to a new topic: Snapping GNU Archimedes

I made a hamster snap. Would love to get some feedback.

Will test once it’s approved so I can easily install it! I’m guessing you’ve tried to upload it to edge? Fork https://github.com/snapcrafters/fork-and-rename-me, move your snap files into that forked repo, and follow the steps in README.md :smiley: (for reference, the topic is Hasmter-time-tracker snap)

Thx!! Seems like I skipped loads of steps haha.
Will do this later.

No worries, you don’t have to use fork-and-rename-me, but I think you’ll find it very useful indeed and, if you follow the steps there, I’ll be able to type in just two commands into Terminal (install and run) in order to test the snap!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and then it’s easier for me to keep it updated as well, since I won’t have to update the git clone and repackage every time you update it!

A post was split to a new topic: Ckb-next snap (for corsair keyboards)