Shutdown permission Request for rackety-nuc-script

Hello, we need permission to use the plug “shutdown” within our private snap “rackety-nuc-script”.

Our application goes embedded into a raspberry pi and needs control on the shutdown because if anything is failing within the raspberry, we need our python script to be autonomous and restart the system to bring everything back up.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @alemosa

Would you mind helping explain what the snap does? It would be then easy for us to then review the given request

thanks

Hi 0xnishit,

Our company is focused in installing cameras in tennis and padel courts. The snap runs a python script in a raspberry pi, that takes care of connecting to our backend and gets the requests to start live streaming and recording games. When the game ends, it takes care of uploading the recording to our cdn. That is basically what it does.

You chan check more at https://rackety.tv/en to understand what our company does!

Thank you in advance.

Hey @alemosa,

Do you think that manual connection (rather than auto-connection) will suffice your use case?

Thanks

Hey sorry for the late response. Yes, I think manual connection would be more than enough.

Thanks

given the functionality described and that only manual connection is required, +1 from me pending vetting as well.

In case manual connection i’ll be certainly happy to support this request, thus +1 from me.

However, shutdown interface is now super-privileged and publisher vetting is required before granting this interface. Usually it means verifying the relationship between the snap publisher and the upstream repository. In this case it might be a bit tricky as if I’m right the upstream repository is private.

Let me discuss with the other reviewers how should we handle the vetting here and I’ll be back to you.

Thanks!

hi @alemosa, we reviewers have discussed vetting and come to the outcome to aim for account verification similar to this. Could you please submit a request for this and we can complete the request once verified! Thanks!

Sure, I will post the details here:

• List of snaps: rackety-nuc-script
  • Company: RACKETYTV, SL - Registered in Spain with VAT ID: ESB56253412
  • My Role: Administrator and CTO
  • Email Address: info@rackety.tv
  • Collaboration: participating in this forum and helping with some threads

Do you need me to post this in a separate thread?

Hey @alemosa

Yes, you need to create a Verified Publisher request in the policy-requests category

Thanks

Ok, I have already published the request here

1 Like

Hi @alemosa

I saw that verified status has been granted to the RacketyTV account with username rackety. As we already have the +2 required votes I’ll move this request forward and grant manual connection to the shutdown interface. This is now live. Please let me know if everything works as expected.

Thanks