Manual review of plasma-core22-desktop base snap

I’d like to request the use of type: base for the plasma-core22-desktop base snap on the store, which is currently held up by manual review.

Some information about the snap:

1. The snap name is registered by the KDE account.
  2. The snap source is managed at https://invent.kde.org/neon/snap-packaging/plasma-core-desktop, which is a fork of https://github.com/canonical/core-base-desktop. It extends core22-desktop with packages to enable a KDE Plasma session.
  3. The snap is not intended for wide use by many snaps: it is intended to be used as the boot base snap for a KDE Neon based Ubuntu Core variant, together with a couple of related snaps where it is important that they be in sync with the root file system.

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

hi @kottens,

For this one, would you be able to provide a list of snaps that intend to use this base so that we can go ahead and update our overrides. Thanks!

Yes, this would only be the plasma-desktop-session and the pc-plasma-desktop gadget snap. They both have their own manual requests as well.

I have made some updates to our overrides which will handle the review of this snap in future. This snap base is now live.

Thanks! I confirm it can be downloaded from the store now.

1 Like

@cav There is something odd though, the new builds keep being rejected by the automated review with the exact same errors than before. I didn’t need to upload new revisions of pc-plasma-desktop but I’d expect it’d behave the same then.

Any idea what’s going on?

hi @kottens, the overrides I mentioned previously have been merged into review-tools but the version that runs on the snap store doesn’t have the new changes until a new release is made. I will work on getting a release out in the next few days!

Hello @cav ! Couldn’t check yet as I didn’t push a new update. Did you have a chance at making a new release?

At least latest release is still marked as rejected but I guess it’ll stay as is until a manual review.

hi @kottens ! - yes the new release is in the process of being deployed so hopefully next time it should not have any issues. Nonetheless I have gone ahead and manually approved this one. Thanks!

Hello @cav

So there is something strange. We did a revision yesterday which went through with no issue. Now we made another one today and it got automatically rejected again.

Any idea?

hi @kottens, there was a regression with review-tools and the version had to be reverted to an older one. I believe the overrides are reverted as well. Until they are back, I’ll go ahead and manually approve! Thanks!