Manual review for snap-type base for lomiri-core24-desktop

Hello!

I am requesting permission to release the lomiri-core24-desktop base snap in the Snap Store.

Similarly to the plasma-core22-desktop snap, this is a fork of the core24-desktop snap with packages for running a Lomiri session applied. The source is available here: GitHub - fredldotme/lomiri-core-base-desktop: Base snap for Lomiri Core Desktop

I am one of the core maintainers of Ubuntu Touch at UBports and intend to move this to official UBports repos and the Snapcraft account when maturity has been reached.

Thanks!

1 Like

Bumpity bump.

My goal is to add it to a test image with lomiri-core24-desktop as a base soon.

Hey @beidl

Sorry for the very late response. Would you be able to provide a list of snaps that intend to use this base?

Thanks

It is mainly intended for creating a Lomiri Desktop based on Ubuntu Core, meaning the Core image would use this base by default to have a shell and some core components be part of the Core image.

I would have to peek into Ubuntu Core Desktop with GNOME or the KDE attempts to determine what other Snaps using this as a base would be viable options.

So, as this snap is not intended to be used as base for the general audience, we need a concrete list of snaps that should be allow to use it (so that we can flag other snaps trying to use it potentially wrongly).

It is the same as we did for plasma-core22-desktop were only plasma-desktop-session and pc-plasma-desktop snaps are allowed to use that base.

Thanks

Mirrors my expectation from requirements when attempting to build an ubuntu-image for core using that base.

Just a question: What’s that plasma-desktop-session supposed to represent in the Core image concept?