Would this be a misuse of snap?

Overall goal

I’d like to make a snap that I can use on a Raspberry Pi that would automatically internet-broadcast audio coming in from a USB audio interface.

Brief background

I’ve mostly succeeded at this outside of snap by somewhat laboriously setting up mpd, darkice, and icecast2, but I thought the idea of being able to “package things up” seemed really nice and might make both maintenance and sharing easier.

However, I had trouble getting IceCast to send out to SHOUTcast, and I began to wonder if I might be able to just use SHOUTcast’s DNAS app.

The actual question(s)

Would it be a good use of snap to try to package up SHOUTcast’s DNAS app?

If that’s a bad idea, would it be a good use of snap to set up the mpd, darkice, and icecast2 system (and just push through the SHOUTcast issues I was having)?

Thoughts, links, and mild ridicule welcome. :slight_smile:

unfortunately the terms of the license granted to you prohibit redistribution of the DNAS system[1], so it might be best to avoid DNAS :frowning: As to the other option, packaging up multiple things to work as a coherent whole is a good plan!

[1] From http://www.shoutcast.com/TermsOfUse:

We grant You a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to install the software on any single computer or authorized device. The software is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties and is owned by us or our suppliers. You may not sell or redistribute the software. You may not incorporate it or any portion of it into another product."

LOL I hadn’t even looked yet… thanks for that. :slight_smile:

I agree; consider this as delivering a solution instead of disparate apps one would need to hook up.