Transfer ownership of snaps

Hello - I had created a few snaps on my own time while a Canonical employee, these snaps are:

• sectrain
  • teamtime
  • ircminer

Can they be transferred to me since I no longer have access to the joemcmanus account?

Cheers,
-Joe

2 Likes

Hi Joe,

Can you somehow help us confirm you are indeed the former owner of these snaps? The typical way to do so is for the developer to add the recipient as collaborator to confirm intent and authorization, which you apparently will be unable to do :confused: So we need another way to ensure we’re not transferring these snaps to a random drive-by social hacker :wink:

• Daniel

Hey Daniel - As you know I care nothing about security so this message upsets me.

just kidding, I believe the teamTime snap is hooked in to my github repo: https://github.com/joemcmanus/teamTime

I added a note to the README.md that states I asked for snaps to be transferred to me.

Let me know what else you need.

Cheers,
-Joe

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s good to confirm identity. Can you also let me know the snap store developer ID I’ll transfer the accounts to? (the README says joesecurity but the address for that account looks fishy to me - is that you really? :P)

• Daniel

Hey Daniel - Thanks! Yes please transfer them to joesecurity. Umm if you need more identifying info just let me know.

Cheers,
-Joe

Sorry for the delay, this is done.

• Daniel

A post was merged into an existing topic: Transfer ownership of the radare2 snap