This is the place to talk about the SWAY snap.
Feel free to give feedback, report bugs, contribute or whatever.
Hope this snap makes your life a little bit easier
Warning This snap is under heavy development and is in alpha stage.
Working (very rarely tested yet):
- firstly tested with “classic” mode; now “devmode” is uploaded
- sway is starting from wayland, X11 and tty (X11 only in devmode, not classic)
- sway, can start “sway” inside itself, after add “bindsym … exec sway” to the config
Not Working / Issues
- strict- / jail-mode
- fontconfig on 19.04
- gtk applications without Xwayland, if DISPLAY environment is set
- … TODO …
sudo snap install --devmode --beta sway
HINT: please check previous user configuration before installing ! (see below)
- configuration is located under: ~/snap/sway/current/.config/sway/config
- initial configuration is found under: /snap/sway/current/etc/xdg/sway/config
To get the source run:
git clone https://github.com/sd-hd/sway-snap.git
Home of the Snap: