Starcraft Clinic 2024-Aug-16

The next edition of the Starcraft Clinics is 2024-08-16T14:00:00Z! Come chat and get support for Snapcraft, Charmcraft, Rockcraft, or the Craft libraries in general.

You can join via Google Meet.

The last clinic primarly focused on the ideas for managing SDK snaps for QT and KDE. See discussion notes here: Keeping the sdks at par with the runtime snaps - #3 by mr_cal

If you want to discuss any topics other than starcraft applications themselves, reply here in advance so we can invite the correct parties. For example, if you have snapd/runtime questions, we can invite someone from the snapd team.

3 Likes

Hi @alan_g @Saviq can you join in this upcoming clinic? Would like to discuss about that version mismatch issue.

Sure, I’ll be there.

1 Like

Meeting Summary

Remote Build

Mesa

dotnet snap

Snapcraft 7 and riscv64

Kernel plugin, foreign architectures

Organize failures

Detecting changes in local sources

• @dilyn brought up that renaming a local file does not trigger a re-pull or a re-build
  • We need a good solution for monitoring file changes in local sources

Thanks all for joining, see you next time!

1 Like

Thanks a lot @mr_cal for keeping these records. It was really great to discuss with.

1 Like

The TL;DR is that:

• ffmpeg-2404 included a (newer) libvulkan.so.1 built against newer Mesa, which resulted in:
    DRI driver not from this Mesa build ('24.0.5-1ubuntu1' vs '24.0.9-0ubuntu0.1')

• as the “contract” between gpu-2404 providers and consumers is Ubuntu 24.04 compatibility, there’s no way to update only a subset of it, if it makes runtime checks on the exact version
  • @soumyaDghosh is trying to make things slightly better in a pull request - but there will always be a risk of mismatch
1 Like

A small correction, it’s with ffmpeg-2404, because that’s where the new gpu provider is used.

1 Like

I have given you a gift here.

I have also given you several other gifts :upside_down_face: Mostly to do with the kernel plugin, which I will continue to do until I believe it is ready to be merged :smiley:

2 Likes