Snapd not connecting to the store | what to test/do?

I’ve noticed today that the Gnome Software is not showing me the snaps anymore so I went to check it using the snap cli and this is the error that I get. I’d like to know what to test for and how, and a fix would be great if somebody knows how. The log does not show it but I’m logged in into my Ubuntu One/Snap Store acc. Ty!

aresminos@desktop:~$ snap --version
snap    2.35.1
snapd   2.35.1
series  16
ubuntu  18.04
kernel  4.18.5-041805-generic
aresminos@desktop:~$ snap find gimp
error: cannot search: got unexpected HTTP status code 403 via GET to
   "https://api.snapcraft.io/api/v1/snaps/search?confinement=strict%2Cclassic&fields=anon_download_url%2Carchitecture%2Cchannel%2Cdownload_sha3_384%2Csummary%2Cdescription%2Cbinary_filesize%2Cdownload_url%2Cepoch%2Cicon_url%2Clast_updated%2Cpackage_name%2Cprices%2Cpublisher%2Cratings_average%2Crevision%2Cscreenshot_urls%2Csnap_id%2Clicense%2Cbase%2Csupport_url%2Ccontact%2Ctitle%2Ccontent%2Cversion%2Corigin%2Cdeveloper_id%2Cdeveloper_name%2Cdeveloper_validation%2Cprivate%2Cconfinement%2Ccommon_ids&q=gimp&scope=wide"
aresminos@desktop:~$ snap list gimp
Name  Version  Rev  Tracking  Publisher     Notes
gimp  2.10.6   47   stable    snapcrafters  -

There’s an Snap Store service outrage lately, check if it works now.

Nope, also I’m based in Croatia, EU. Idk if that means anything?

Nope, it is reproduced here in Taiwan as well, so it is a new issue.

$ snap find gimp
error: cannot search: got unexpected HTTP status
       code 403 via GET to
       "https://api.snapcraft.io/api/v1/snaps/search?confinement=strict%2Cclassic&fields=anon_download_url%2Carchitecture%2Cchannel%2Cdownload_sha3_384%2Csummary%2Cdescription%2Cbinary_filesize%2Cdownload_url%2Cepoch%2Cicon_url%2Clast_updated%2Cpackage_name%2Cprices%2Cpublisher%2Cratings_average%2Crevision%2Cscreenshot_urls%2Csnap_id%2Clicense%2Cbase%2Csupport_url%2Ccontact%2Ctitle%2Ccontent%2Cversion%2Corigin%2Cdeveloper_id%2Cdeveloper_name%2Cdeveloper_validation%2Cprivate%2Cconfinement%2Ccommon_ids&q=gimp&scope=wide"
1 Like

snap search is temporarily disabled as we work to mitigate some API issues related to [SOLVED] Request failures to the store

2 Likes