Snapcrafters Reboot

Hello @thymythos thank you for your interest. Let me invite you to the team first of all. We also have a Telegram channel, where we lurk and discuss snaps, if you like we can send you an invite to that, too.

We will need to add you to the core team :slight_smile: we do everything here as team work, including all of our PRs (with mandatory second review), this one will also need approval from at least one other core member.

Folks, thymythos has contributed significantly to the Eclipse snap over the past few years, and he’d like to be part of the team! Can we welcome him into our core group?

3 Likes

@Igor

Can you also invite me to Telegram channel?

1 Like

Hello @xet7 I was away for a while, but I see my colleagues took care of this!

2 Likes

Sorry about the delay catching this. I think I’m :+1: on this request. cc: @Igor

1 Like

Thanks for this @lucyllewy, @thymythos I’m sending you an invite to our GH group, and I’ll also pm you our TG channel.

2 Likes

Hi all,

I maintain three Snaps:

Those are softwares that I use and that didn’t have Snap packages yet, so I got my hands dirty and made it myself. I’ve been an active member of this forum for more than a year - although I’d been in a hiatus for two months, getting back just now.

I’d like to contribute to Snapcrafters, in whichever role seems fit; transfer some of my Snaps to the community, and help maintain some. My GH is ivocavalcante.

Congratulations for the effort on bringing Snapcrafters back to life again!

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m currently (at least partially and with the help of many others) working on the following Snap:

Since I’m also actively working in the ScummVM project itself as an active team member, it would be nice if I don’t loose my write access to the GitHub repo in order to be able to do version bumps and changes to the build process when they are introduced upstream :slight_smile:

All the best lotharsm

1 Like

Hello @ivo.cavalcante, @lotharsm thanks for your interest in Snapcrafters. Ivo, I will invite you, and Lothar, we definitely have no intentions of removing access to anyone who is an active contributor; quite the contrary, we want even more participation!

If you both also would like to be invited to the Snapcrafters TG group, where we discuss projects, ideas and similar, please let me know via PM, and I’ll send you the invite to the group. GH invites coming out shortly.

2 Likes

Hi @Igor,

thank you very much for the invite I happily accepted :slight_smile:

I’ll send a PM regarding the TG channel very soon.

Hello,

I’m a maintainer of the project VSCodium.
Is it possible to become maintainer of its snap on snapcrafters?

Thx

1 Like

@daiyam Hello, thanks for your interest! Would you like to join Snapcrafters, or would you like to take the snap under your own personal account and continue managing it from there? When you reply, if you can please tag me.

@Igor I would like to take control of the snap so I can update it and publish a new version.

1 Like

Can you start a forum thread requesting transfer, and then the Store Team will be able to transfer it over.

@Igor, the Store Team wants me to be added as a collaborator to the snap. Can you do that? Thx

1 Like

@daiyam Absolutely, I’ll be happy to! Also, if you want to join the Snapcrafters Telegram group, I’ll pm you an invite.

+1 for making @ivo.cavalcante a core member

2 Likes

Great! I’ll add him to the list!

1 Like

It’s a very interesting project :+1:

I’m a member of F-Droid; if we can join Snap and F-Droid, it would be great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @hotlittlewhitedog, if I understand you correctly, you’d like to join Snapcrafters?

@Igor not yet, I will check your project :wink:
But the project is really interesting :+1:

1 Like