Snap install acestreamplayer

I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this issue, but perhaps I can get some guidance on it. I have two similar Dell machines, a M6500 and a M6800, both running Ubuntu 18.04.2. The M6500 was updated from 16.04 to 18.04 while the M6800 was a fresh install. Using snap I installed Acestreamplayer on the M6800 without any problems, however on the M6500 the installation fails, giving me the following messages:

- Setup snap "acestreamplayer" (8) security profiles (cannot setup udev for snap "acestreamplayer": cannot reload udev rules: exit status 2 udev output:)
- Setup snap "acestreamplayer" (8) security profiles (cannot reload udev rules: exit status 2 udev output:)
- Connect acestreamplayer:opengl to core:opengl (cannot setup udev for snap "acestreamplayer": cannot reload udev rules: exit status 2 udev output:)
- Connect acestreamplayer:opengl to core:opengl (cannot reload udev rules: exit status 2 udev output:)

Can some guru help me on this?

Thanks

Please at least someone give me a hint on how to go about this. I would really like to be able to install this.

Sorry we didn’t respond earlier, for some reason I missed it the first time around.

Could you share the output of snap version on both machines, please?

1 Like

Same in both machines, which are:
snap 2.37.2
snapd 2.37.2
series 16
ubuntu 18.04
kernel 4.15.0-45-generic

What about the output of the command udevadm --version?

udevadm --version: 237

Possibly related: Bug #1712808 “udev interface fails in privileged containers” : Bugs : snapd

Strange that this bug happens only in one of the two machines

Please run sudo udevadm control --reload-rules in a terminal and report the results.

Relavent snapd source: snapd/udev.go at master · snapcore/snapd

The output of sudo udevadm control --reload-rules is empty (prompt returns)

Hi Lin,

I see that in your response you link to a program called udev.go, is something that I should have done prior/after typing ‘udevadm control --reload-rules’?

Thanks

Well as the command executed properly at your end (it shouldn’t return anything) I currently have no idea what the problem is right now. @chipaca can you shed some lights to us?

Please run the following command and report it’s output in a terminal after installing the pastebinit package and reproduce the issue again:

journalctl --unit systemd-udevd | pastebinit -a ''

The pastebinit hangs because the URL does not respond, so I piped and compressed the output, but I don’t see anyway to upload a non-image file in here. Can you please give me an alternative?

Try Simple File Hosting - NoFile.io

I used pbput: http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/ZbmTRkcqq8/

Your log is fully spammed with the following error message:

bach systemd-udevd[26410]: Process 'hid2hci --method=dell --devpath=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1a.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.6/1-1.6.2/1-1.6.2:1.0' failed with exit code 1.

resulting a huge 470.7MiB file, this seems to be a even severe issue than unable to install a snap.

I found that hid2hci is something related to bluetooth. Since I don’t use bluetooth I issued "sudo apt purge “bluez*” - but apparently that doesn’t stop hid2hci from spamming the result of journalctl - I searched for the executable hid2hci and doesn’t appear anywhere. (???)

The proper way to disable a udev rule should be locate it in /lib/udev/rules.d and override it in /etc/udev/rules.d, for example to override /lib/udev/rules.d/97-hid2hci.rules do sudo touch /etc/udev/rules.d/97-hid2hci.rules

Reference: Re: overriding udev rules

I didn’t find anything related to hid2hci in /lib/udev/rules.d, but I touch’ed the file you suggested in /etc/udev/rules.d/ - would that be OK? Is there any way to reload this mod without rebooting the system?