Request track "core20" for o3de

Hi, we’d like to add a “core20” track to o3de to support users wishing to use core20 bases. The current latest/stable and latest/beta will be based on core22 going forward.

Happy to answer and questions/concerns about this. Thanks!

Hello,

Per Process for aliases, auto-connections and tracks 2, we need a 1-week voting/discussion period before creating a new track, so I’ll check back on the discussion and votes in a few days.

I have a couple of questions before casting my vote.

1. What’s o3de’s release cadence, how often is a new major version (potentially requiring a new track) released? is this documented somewhere by upstream?
  2. Is there some commitment from upstream on maintenance of old versions? e.g. is 22.05.0 still supported with security updates? will it continue to be supported now that 23.05.0 is out, and for how long?

Thanks,

Odysseus

Generally twice a year. This is defined by the sig-release team: https://github.com/o3de/sig-release/blob/main/releases/Process/Major%20Release%20Process.md

We don’t have support explicitly defined, but we do support older versions with hotfixes and security updates on a rolling window when needed (generally around 1-2 releases). For instance, we issued a hotfix for 23.05.0 when there was an issue between pyyaml and cython. In addition, we are in the process of defining a LTS version to have more explicit commitment.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

+1 from me as a reviewer. The core20 track has now been created.

Thanks,

Odysseus