Request to open track “22” for Advantech RSB-3810 boot firmware

Could someone help to open track 22 for Advantech RSB-3810 boot firmware snap, boot-fw-advantech-rsb-3810 ?

Hello,

Per Process for aliases, auto-connections and tracks, we need a 1-week voting/discussion period, so I’ll check back on the discussion and votes in a few days.

I have three questions before casting my vote.

1. What’s Advantech RSB-3810 boot firmware’s release cadence, how often is a new version (potentially requiring a new track) released? Is this documented somewhere?
  2. Is there some commitment from upstream on maintenance of old versions? e.g. is 22 still supported with security updates? Will it continue to be supported when24 is out, and for how long?

Thanks,

Hi,

I follow the Canonical’s instruction to apply track 22. How To Create Boot Firmware Snap For Your board

New track requirement is depending on Ubuntu LTS releases and Ubuntu supported LTS on MTK platform, there is no clear timeline to support 24 in near future.

This is a firmware snap meant to support 22.04 and align with 22.04 life cycle, Advantech is the maintainer of this snap in particular. 24 will be supported when Canonical starts support 24.04 on this SoC, track 22 will still be maintained.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and +1 from me as a reviewer. The 22 track has been successfully created.

Thanks