Request for automatic alias for the Anbox Cloud Appliance snap

Hey,

in our process to make the anbox-cloud-appliance snap strictly confined (see 1, 2) we need an automatic alias for the amc command the snap ships automatically set up on installation.

The amc command is also provided by the amc snap but when the anbox-cloud-appliance snap is installed, the command is expected to come from it rather than the separate amc snap. The amc snap is meant to be used in the context of a users development machine where the anbox-cloud-appliance snap will run on a server / cloud instance.

Both snaps are owned and maintained by the Anbox team at Canonical and the above is going to be reflect in the official product documentation.

Thanks!

+1 from me - there is no obvious conflict for this alias other than the one outlined and since this is from a snap in the same ecosystem it should not be surprising to users of either snap.

Since conflicting snaps (amc and anbox-cloud-appliance) have the same owner and it is going to be reflected in the documentation I think it is also fine to grant it.

+1 from me for granting the requested automatic alias

Thanks

Thanks @alexmurray and @jslarraz !

+2 for, 0 against. Granted auto-alias “amc” to this snap. This is now live

Thanks @0xnishit ! Verified and the automatic alias is working.