Request for aliases for the Metasploit Framework commands

I’d like to request aliases for The Metasploit Framework tools:- msfconsole, msfbinscan, msfd, msfdb, msfelfscan, msfmachscan, msfpescan, msfrop, msfrpc, msfrpcd, msfvenom, msfupdate. These all are pentetration testing, security auditing and exploit development tools. There are numerous guides online about using the Metasploit Framework, for e.g this guide.

┌──(root💀Phoenix)-[~]
└─# snap info metasploit-framework                                                                  1 ⨯
name:      metasploit-framework
summary:   The Metasploit Framework
publisher:  Jitendra Patro
license:   unset
description: |
  This is my-snap's description. You have a paragraph or two to tell the
  most important story about your snap. Keep it under 100 words though,
  we live in tweetspace and your description wants to look good in the snap
  store.
commands:
  - metasploit-framework.msfbinscan
  - metasploit-framework.msfconsole
  - metasploit-framework.msfd
  - metasploit-framework.msfdb
  - metasploit-framework.msfelfscan
  - metasploit-framework.msfmachscan
  - metasploit-framework.msfpescan
  - metasploit-framework.msfrop
  - metasploit-framework.msfrpc
  - metasploit-framework.msfrpcd
  - metasploit-framework.msfvenom
  - metasploit-framework.msfupdate
refresh-date: today at 00:13 IST
installed:    0.1 (x1) 326MB devmode

The Metasploit Framework is released under a 3-clause BSD-style license. See COPYING for more details.

Also, just so you know I’ve reserved all those above commands. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

There are no revisions of this snap published to the store at this stage, so I will wait until there is at least one revision of the snap to inspect before reviewing this request.

I’ll look into it asap. In the meantime, can you take a look at the other topic I created two days ago. I haven’t received any solution for that.

Just a reminder bump.

Bump. :slight_smile:

+1 from me for these aliases - they do not conflict with other packages (other than the upstream metasploit packages themselves) and are well known commands used in project.

+1 from me as well to grant msfconsole, msfbinscan, msfd, msfdb, msfelfscan, msfmachscan, msfpescan, msfrop, msfrpc, msfrpcd, msfvenom, msfupdate auto-aliases to metasploit-framework since those are clearly well known commands related to the metasploit framework.

+2 votes for, 0 votes against, Granting the requested auto-aliases. This is now live.

Thanks @alexmurray @emitorino The aliases are available now. :slight_smile:

1 Like