Request: Allow Auto-Connection for husarion-astra (shm and raw-usb)

Hi,

I would like to request for the autoconnection for raw-usb and shared-memory interfaces permissions for: husarion-astra. This snap operates the ROS driver for a camera connected via USB to the ROSbot 2R mobile robot. This is why it requires the raw-usb interface.

I would need:

1. A “human review” for shm-slot.

That’s 1:1 the same “shm design pattern” as previously granted for rosbot-xl snap:

slots:
  shm-slot:
    interface: shared-memory
    write: ['*'] # paths are relative to /dev/shm

plugs:
  shm-plug:
    interface: shared-memory
    shared-memory: shm-slot
    private: false

apps:
  daemon:
    command: usr/bin/launcher.sh
    command-chain: [usr/bin/ros_setup.sh]
    daemon: simple
    install-mode: enable
    plugs: [network, network-bind, shm-plug, raw-usb]
    slots: [shm-slot]
    extensions: [ros2-humble-ros-base]

2. Auto-connection for both shm and raw-usb interfaces:

sudo snap connect husarion-astra:raw-usb
sudo snap connect husarion-astra:shm-plug husarion-rplidar:shm-slot 

Thank you!

Dominik from Husarion

1 Like

As fro Request: Allow Auto-Connection for husarion-rplidar (shm and raw-usb), it looks reasonable to me. +1 for auto-connect raw-usb and shared-memory interfaces.

1 Like

similarly to the topics 1 and 2, +1 from me as well for auto-connect raw-usb and shared-memory interfaces.

1 Like

Publisher is vetted. Updates will be made at the end of the 7-day voting period depending on the voting outcome.

1 Like

+1 from me as well for auto-connect of raw-usb and shared-memory interfaces to husarion-astra snap.

3 votes for, 0 against. Fast tracking this request and granting auto-connect of raw-usb and shared-memory interfaces to husarion-astra snap. This is now live.

Thanks.

1 Like

@jslarraz , @cav , @sahnaseredini , thank you guys!

I have just published a very similar request but for a different camera model we use with our robots: Request: Allow Auto-Connection for husarion-depthai (shm and raw-usb)

Because you already know why we need those interfaces, can you take a look at this? Thank you so much once again!

1 Like