Proxy error uploading to store

I was just trying to upload a decent-ish sized snap to the store and got this proxy error. A previous thread suggested this had been fixed. Is this a new issue or recurrence of the previous one?

Also, echoing HTML at me isn’t a nice developer experience.

$ snapcraft  push shattered-pixel-dungeon_0.6.3_i386.snap --release stable
Pushing shattered-pixel-dungeon_0.6.3_i386.snap
After pushing, an attempt will be made to release to 'stable'
Preparing to push '/home/alan/src/shattered-pixel-dungeon_0.6.3_i386.snap' to the store.
Pushing shattered-pixel-dungeon_0.6.3_i386.snap [======================================================================================================================================] 100%
There was an error uploading the package.
Reason: 'Proxy Error'
Text: '<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">\n<html><head>\n<title>502 Proxy Error</title>\n</head><body>\n<h1>Proxy Error</h1>\n<p>The proxy server received an invalid\r\nresponse from an upstream server.<br />\r\nThe proxy server could not handle the request <em><a href="/unscanned-upload/">POST&nbsp;/unscanned-upload/</a></em>.<p>\nReason: <strong>Error reading from remote server</strong></p></p>\n<hr>\n<address>Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at upload.apps.ubuntu.com Port 443</address>\n</body></html>\n'
1 Like

… and again…

$ snapcraft push shattered-pixel-dungeon_0.6.3_armhf.snap
Pushing shattered-pixel-dungeon_0.6.3_armhf.snap
Preparing to push '/home/alan/src/shattered-pixel-dungeon_0.6.3_armhf.snap' to the store.
Pushing shattered-pixel-dungeon_0.6.3_armhf.snap [=====================================================================================================================================] 100%
There was an error uploading the package.
Reason: 'Proxy Error'
Text: '<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">\n<html><head>\n<title>502 Proxy Error</title>\n</head><body>\n<h1>Proxy Error</h1>\n<p>The proxy server received an invalid\r\nresponse from an upstream server.<br />\r\nThe proxy server could not handle the request <em><a href="/unscanned-upload/">POST&nbsp;/unscanned-upload/</a></em>.<p>\nReason: <strong>Error reading from remote server</strong></p></p>\n<hr>\n<address>Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at upload.apps.ubuntu.com Port 443</address>\n</body></html>\n'

Is there a way to confirm the services are up and running?

Yes, look at https://status.snapcraft.io/

1 Like

Thanks! Can you confirm there were some interruptions in the past few days? Not very familiar with this platform. Not sure if those are related with the error though.