Openstack-hypervisor: auto-connect required interfaces

Hello snapstore team!

A request had been made to have auto-connections to all required snaps in openstack-hypervisor. Some have not been auto-connected due to being missing from the snap. Some features are unavailable due to these missing interfaces.

I would like to re-iterate the request for auto connections for the following interfaces:

• netlink-connector, required by libvirtd
  • system-observe, required by libvirtd and virtlog
  • network-observe, required by neutron-ovn-metadata-agent (which might be superseded by already granted network-control?)

openstack-hypervisor is a core-component of Sunbeam/MicroStack and is bundling all that is necessary to manage virtual machines from inside a snap. It bundles OpenVSwitch, Libvirtd, Nova, Neutron Agent, but also monitoring processes such as the OVS-exporter or Virtlogd.

Thank you for your time!

Hey @gboutry

I think that system-observe and network-observe makes sense definitively, so that +1 from me already. Regarding netlink-connector it does not sound completely unexpected however I would like to hear @alexmurray thoughts on that.

Thanks

Hmm netlink-connector is pretty rarely used - we have other virtualisation based snaps in the store which do not require this - can you provide any more details on this?

Hi,

I realized our use case is already covered for Libvirt by the netlink-audit interface. We can remove this one from the list.

with the removal of netlink-audit, +1 from me for auto-connecting the system-observe and network-observe interfaces as they fit the functionality of the snap.

+2 for, 0 against granting openstack-hypervisor auto-connection to system-observe and network-observe. This is now live.

1 Like