Auto-connect * for openstack-hypervisor snap

Please could the openstack-hypervisor snap be review for auto-connections to its required interfaces.

The openstack-hypervisor snap is a redux of the microstack snap with just the core hypervisor components enabled; it does however require the same set of interfaces as microstack to function correctly:

• block-devices
  • hardware-observe
  • firewall-control
  • hugepages-control
  • kernel-module-observe
  • kvm
  • libvirt
  • log-observe
  • microstack-support
  • mount-observe
  • netlink-audit
  • network-control
  • openvswitch-support
  • process-control
  • raw-usb
  • system-observe
  • system-trace

The snap is uploaded but currently in the manual review queue due to the use of the microstack-support interface.

Thanks!

+1 from me - these are all required for standard functionality of the snap, plus any user familiar with the term hypervisor should not be surprised that it is granted such privileged access.

I’d really like to get this request reviewed and approved so the upload can be accepted into the store - any other reviewers/policy reviewers have cycles?

ping @reviewers - can you please vote on this request? thanks.

1 Like

+1 from me as well for all the listed interfaces.

1 Like

+2 votes for, 0 votes against, granting use-of and auto-connect for:

• block-devices
  • hardware-observe
  • firewall-control
  • hugepages-control
  • kernel-module-observe
  • kvm
  • libvirt
  • log-observe
  • microstack-support
  • mount-observe
  • netlink-audit
  • network-control
  • openvswitch-support
  • process-control
  • raw-usb
  • system-observe
  • system-trace

Note: the current snap uploaded to the store does not list log-observe or system-observe so these have not been granted at this time. I also noted it does list netlink-connector but this was not requested above. If they are still required please let us know.

1 Like