Auto-connect * for openstack-hypervisor snap

Please could the openstack-hypervisor snap be review for auto-connections to its required interfaces.

The openstack-hypervisor snap is a redux of the microstack snap with just the core hypervisor components enabled; it does however require the same set of interfaces as microstack to function correctly:

• block-devices
  • hardware-observe
  • firewall-control
  • hugepages-control
  • kernel-module-observe
  • kvm
  • libvirt
  • log-observe
  • microstack-support
  • mount-observe
  • netlink-audit
  • network-control
  • openvswitch-support
  • process-control
  • raw-usb
  • system-observe
  • system-trace

The snap is uploaded but currently in the manual review queue due to the use of the microstack-support interface.

Thanks!

+1 from me - these are all required for standard functionality of the snap, plus any user familiar with the term hypervisor should not be surprised that it is granted such privileged access.

Iā€™d really like to get this request reviewed and approved so the upload can be accepted into the store - any other reviewers/policy reviewers have cycles?

ping @reviewers - can you please vote on this request? thanks.

1 Like

+1 from me as well for all the listed interfaces.

1 Like

+2 votes for, 0 votes against, granting use-of and auto-connect for:

• block-devices
  • hardware-observe
  • firewall-control
  • hugepages-control
  • kernel-module-observe
  • kvm
  • libvirt
  • log-observe
  • microstack-support
  • mount-observe
  • netlink-audit
  • network-control
  • openvswitch-support
  • process-control
  • raw-usb
  • system-observe
  • system-trace

Note: the current snap uploaded to the store does not list log-observe or system-observe so these have not been granted at this time. I also noted it does list netlink-connector but this was not requested above. If they are still required please let us know.

1 Like