Hi! I’m working on a web based user interface over ubuntu gnome on Odroid C4 machine (aarch64).
When I try to install Chromium or Firefox I get:
Run configure hook of "chromium" snap if present (run hook "configure": cannot perform operation: mount --bind /snap/core20/current/etc/nsswitch.conf /tmp/snap.rootfs_o7Dm9B/etc/nsswitch.conf: Permission denied)
- Tried to install throught apt
- Tried to install throught snap
- Tried to install throught dpkg
- Tried to purge and install snapd
- Tried to fresh install ubuntu
- Tried to move from ubuntu20 to ubuntu22
- Tried to make a sudo user and install from GUI
- Tried to download the snap package, mount with squashfs and execute snap try
- Tried to modify the snap package to remove the configure hook
3 months ago I was able to install Chromium by apt chromium-browser package (now it executes the same snap package) The only working solution is to install the apt beta since it doesn’t require snapd at all but it have some graphical issues…
I search many forums and found some similar cases, but any working solution.
Thanks for reading!