My snap aphoto requires Use of the system-files interface legitimately

Hello,
According to the snap review details:

Use of the system-files interface is reserved for vetted publishers. If your snap legitimately requires this access, please make a request in the forum using the 'store-requests' category (https://forum.snapcraft.io/), or if you would prefer to keep this private, the 'sensitive' category

Snap aphoto is a java based application (Swing GUI). And it’s an image process software. It need record logs, make projects config, read images and project config files and output the images result. So I request the use of the system-files interface for snap aphoto.

Thanks in advance.

For the reviewers’ convenience please provide the specific details regarding the request, refer Interface auto-connection request for the gallery-dl snap as an example.

OK Got it , I will do it right now.

1 Like

Dear @reviewers, I would like to request the following interfaces system-files and personal-files for https://snapcraft.io/aphoto :

1. personal-files:
    For read&write access to the $HOME/.acein/aphoto directory, which is the user and snap configuration directory.
    And read&write access to the $HOME/Desktop (Download, Pictures etc.), the snap will read image files and write output the result image files.

2. system-files:
    For read&write access to the /tmp dir, which is used to store the temp files and dirs.

Any other information needed, please let me known.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Some helpful hints:

This is probably covered by the home interface.

Your Snap package will have its own /tmp folder, which is accessible and writable by default. Do you specifically need access to the host’s /tmp folder, which will be located at /var/lib/snapd/hostfs/tmp? If you do need the host /tmp to be accessible then the reviewers will likely want to know what the purpose of that access is.

2 Likes

Very helpful hints!

Maybe aphoto just needs the home interface.

Thanks.

1 Like

I’d suggest declaring the removable-media interface as well just in case the user want to write the result to /media/*

2 Likes

Got it.

1 Like

Hey @lattimore,

It seems you could solve your needs without requiring system-files at all. We are then removing this request from our review queue.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @emitorino, Yes, the problem solved.

Thanks a lot.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like