MicroCloud new tracks request

Hello,

We’ll be releasing MicroCloud 2.1.0 LTS, which will be the start of the new 2.x series and so will need a 2 track created.

Additionally we will be archiving the previously released revision in latest/stable to a 1/stable channel and so will need a 1 track created.

Finally after our 2.1.0 LTS release we will start new feature releases into the 3.x series and so will need a 3 track created.

So to summarise, please can we have 1, 2 and 3 tracks created.

Thanks!

Hi, @tomp !

Could you clarify the snap name(or id), where you would like to create tracks? Is this Install MicroCloud on Linux | Snap Store ?

Thanks, Alex

Thats the one thanks!

1 Like

Hello again, @tomp !

Per Process for aliases, auto-connections and tracks 2, we need a 1-week voting/discussion period, so I’ll check back on the discussion and votes in a few days.

I have a question before casting my vote:

• Is there some commitment on maintenance of old versions? e.g. is 1.x still supported with security updates? will it continue to be supported now that 2.x is out, and for how long?

Yes we are transitioning away from latest track and will be putting the old stable into 1/stable for archive purposes. Then 2/stable will be new LTS and 3/stable will be for new development releases and will become the next LTS.