Manual review request for Curiosity app

Hi everyone,

I’m one of the developers of a productivity & search app called Curiosity, and trying to understand how to better get it published to the snapcraft store.

Among other things, we need access to users’ files for the app to index. For that, I’ve changed the confinement mode to classic, which now triggered the Manual Review required on the app page.

Any input required from our side to get it approved?

Thanks,

Rafael

Hey @theolivenbaum,

To access user’s files you could plug some interfaces like home, personal-files, removable-media or even system-files and stay under strict confinement. Does curiosity need to access other location not covered by some of those interfaces?

Thanks!

Hi @emitorino,

Thanks for the info! I can give it a try here.

We usually also need to run a few script commands on the shell - for commands like putting the computer to sleep, locking the screen, etc. Plus on windows/mac we also list open windows and installed programs. Is any of this possible within the confinement?

And finally - from the confinement can we still write to the user home and tmp folders? We store user data under the user home, and need to write to a tmp folder (albeit not necessarily /tmp).

Thanks!

Hi @emitorino,

I’ve changed our build to include the interfaces that seems like will be necessary for the app to work.

The dashboard still shows that a human review is required due to three of the interfaces that I added (desktop-launch, personal-files, system-files)

human review required due to ‘allow-installation’ constraint (bool) declaration-snap-v2_plugs_installation (curiosity, desktop-launch)

human review required due to ‘allow-installation’ constraint (bool) declaration-snap-v2_plugs_installation (curiosity, personal-files)

human review required due to ‘allow-installation’ constraint (bool) declaration-snap-v2_plugs_installation (curiosity, system-files)

How should I proceed now?

Thanks!