Manual review for udisks2 (part 2)

Hello,

In previous post, we resolved the issue about track and global store availability:

But I still need review for the interfaces. So I am creating a new topic. We need 2 things:

• Connect to polkit so that user can query disks.
  • Provide udisks2 slot, and provide our own up to date udev configuration file.

hi @valentind - sorry for the delay.

+1 for connect of polkit to udisks2 to allow actions for querying disks. What do other @reviewers think?

Hey @valentind

Sorry for the delay again. Just one short question. Could you please clarify which criteria is followed to update the udev configuration file? Is it expected also used by any user on classic systems?

Thanks

Hey @valentind could you please provide the above information asked? Thanks

@valentind ping, can you please provide the requested information?

The udev file changes with the versions. We cannot keep multiple version in snapd. It has to be provided by the snap.

This snap is also tested on classic with an empty udisks2 package. But for now, I do not think it should be used.

Sounds fair to me. Just to be sure, you are requesting just connection (rather than auto-connection) for polkit interface, and just installation for the udisks2 slot, is that right?

Right… Since we added polkit to core since, maybe we should have an auto-connection now. But it is not needed for our case, which is for fwupd. So let’s go for connection.

+1 for connection of polkit and use of the udisks2 slot for the udisks2 snap. Can other @reviewers please chime in here too? Thanks.