Keyboard encoding error in all programs installed with snap command

Hello!

I use Ubuntu with Portuguese language, Brazil. My laptop has an international English (US, int. alt) keyboard layout. To make the character cedilha on this keyboard I need to click on [ ’ ]+[ c ]. As a result, the character “ç” must appear.

It’s been six months since I updated Ubuntu to version 22.04.1 LTS. At that time, he installed the “104.0 (64-bit)” version of Firefox Snap for Ubuntu canonical-002-1.0 .

At that time only firefox had keybinding problems. The result of [ ’ ]+[ c ] changed to "ć " in Firefox only. In all other applications and in the operating system the cedilla “ç” is shown normally.

This week I decided to format the laptop to install everything from scratch. From that moment on, I noticed that this happened to all applications installed using the snap command. The only exception is Sublime Text which is correctly encoding the “ç” even though it was installed by the snap command.

Here’s an image of what’s going on. Thanks in advance for everyone’s help.

Here is a picture with some errors

–[pt-br]– Olá!

Utilizo o Ubuntu com idioma Portiguês, Brasil. Meu laptop possui o layout de teclado do tipo Inglês internacional (EUA, intern. alt). Para fazer o caracter cedilha nesse teclado preciso clicar em [ ’ ]+[ c ]. Como resultado precisa aparecr o caracter “ç”.

Fazem seis meses que atualizei o Ubuntu para a versão 22.04.1 LTS. Naquela época, ele instalou a versão “104.0 (64-bits)” do Firefox Snap for Ubuntu canonical-002-1.0 .

Naquela época somente o firefox apresentou problemas de combinação das teclas. O resultado de [ ’ ]+[ c ] mudou para "ć " apenas no Firefox. Em todos os outros aplicativos e no sistema operacional o cedilha “ç” é mostrado normalmente.

Esta sema resolvi formatar o laptop para instalar tudo do início. Deste momento em diante, observei que isso passou a acontecer com todos os aplicativos instalados pelo comando snap. A única excessão é o Sublime Text que está codificando corretamente o “ç” mesmo tendo sido instalado pelo comando snap.

Segue uma imagem do que está acontecendo. Desde já agradeço pela ajuda de todos.

Perhaps this can help you in the short term:

1 Like

Thank you very much! It worked perfectly.