Dear snapcraft community,
some have already come across this in the very lengthy [cross-post] chromium-mir-kiosk in portrait mode (rotated mir-kiosk layout) thread, but since it’s been a while, I’d like to introduce my snap
wpe-webkit-mir-kiosk here and hopefully gather some feedback If you’re interested in the “why” and the bumpy road to a working snap, you can read up on the original thread. To keep things short here:
WPE WebKit Snap for Mir in kiosk mode
The WPE fork of WebKit, packaged as a snap for fullscreen use in kiosk applications.
- Ubuntu Desktop 18.04.02 LTS with weston/miral-kiosk
- Ubuntu Core with mir-kiosk on a Raspberry Pi 3
The snap should run on all snapd-supported distributions if you have a Wayland compositor running with the default socket at
/run/user/0/wayland-0 (currently hardcoded, cf. this post on the snapcraft forum for details)
- Fullscreen webview for any size or rotation passed by the Wayland compositor
url: Accepts HTTP(S) URLs
devmode: Toggle Remote Inspector on/off
- Browsing works with auto-connected interfaces
- Ships manually connected interfaces for advanced use (Bonjour/zeroconf etc.)
You can find the source at our GitLab repository. I’m currently working on pulling out the WebKit engine and its dependencies to a separate libraries snap – branch here, remaining issue described in Cmake part with build-snaps gets mangled include parameters.