Interface auto-connect request for the gallery-dl snap (personal-files; netrc)

Dear @reviewers, on behalf of the current publisher of the gallery-dl snap I would like to request the following interface auto-connections according to the process for aliases, auto-connections and tracks:

Interface Name Reasoning
personal-files
PATH: $HOME/.netrc
ACCESS: readonly
This is a downloader application that supports reading sites’ login credentials via netrc(5)

I suppose the following plug declaration should work after the access is granted:

plugs:
  config-netrc:
    interface: personal-files
    read:
      - $HOME/.netrc

Thanks in advance!

Hello, two weeks have passed and I request the continuation of the review process.

Hi @Lin-Buo-Ren. Could you please explain how gallery-dl uses .netrc?

gallery-dl is a command-line program to download image-galleries and -collections from several image hosting sites, for sites requiring authentication it is supported to acquire login credentials from the user’s .netrc file, hence the request.

.netrc is often used to store credentials for other sites and so I don’t feel this is appropriate for auto-connect - instead to me manual-connection for this seems most appropriate.

Also the personal-files instance in this case should be named dot-netrc so that it is clear what is being granted access to.

As such, +1 for use of but not auto-connect of /.netrc named dot-netrc for gallery-dl from me.

Can other @reviewers please vote too?

1 Like

As long as the interface is available I don’t mind if it is not auto-connected :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for me to use personal files with read access to .netrc (and not auto-connect) using interface reference dot-netrc for gallery-dl snap.

@Lin-Buo-Ren, I don’t see this request reflected on the latest uploaded snap. Could you please upload a new revision including @alexmurray updates so we can proceed with the approval?

Thanks

I have granted this request - @Lin-Buo-Ren - can you please make the aforementioned change (to name this as dot-netrc) otherwise the snap will not pass automated review?

Apologies for the ignorance, I’ll make the change as soon as possible.

@emitorino @alexmurray

I’ve made the necessary change and have uploaded a new revision, please approve.

So sorry for the delay though.

Thanks, the snap declaration needed a minor tweak to add the dot-netrc and config-gallery-dl plug-names as these were missing (and so it failed review even though it had the required plug-attributes for read/write) as the review-tools expects that if one personal-files instance has a plug-name attribute then they all should. This is now done and I am just resubmitting these most recent revisions for automated review. Thanks.

1 Like

Appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like