Interface auto-connect request for the FeatherPad snap

Dear @reviewers, I would like to request the following interface auto-connections for https://snapcraft.io/featherpad according to the process for aliases, auto-connections and tracks.

Interface Name Reasoning
personal-files
(readonly)
$HOME/.config/featherpad/fp.conf
This is the configuration file of FeatherPad (source)

Thanks in advance!

+1 from me to auto-connect personal-files with permission read of $HOME/.config/featherpad/fp.conf - this is pretty standard for snaps wishing to import and seamlessly use any existing configuration for their application.

1 Like

Hello, after a year of inactivity I would like to request the continuation of the review process.

+1 from me for auto-connect of personal-files with read permissions on $HOME/.config/featherpad/fp.conf.

+2 votes for, 0 abstained, 0 against. Granting.

1 Like

@Lin-Buo-Ren, It doesn’t look like the current FeatherPad snap uses personal-files, so I can’t grant it. Can you modify your snapcraft.yaml and upload a new version?

1 Like

Sure, I’ve made the following plug declaration in the snapcraft yaml:

plugs:
  dot-config-featherpad:
    interface: personal-files
    read:
      - $HOME/.config/featherpad/fp.conf

I also found out that the application actually access to more files in $HOME/.config/featherpad, should I file a separate request for the change?

I’ve granted the use of personal-files in its current configuration. Please open a new request for modification to the interface.