For larger projects and ISVs it is often a requirement to publish snaps using a brand account. Here is an overview of how to create a brand account and define collaborators.
Accounts are registered here: https://snapcraft.io/account
What we recommend is this:
- Create an umbrella/brand account using the project name or name of the legal entity publishing the software.
- Let each team member who releases and manages snaps register a personal account
- Grant each team member access to the snaps by adding their personal accounts as collaborators.
Snaps can be registered using the
snapcraft tool or via the web. Snaps should be registered using the brand/umbrella account.
Registering snaps with Snapcraft
snap install snapcraft --classicon Linux or
brew install snapcrafton macOS.
snapcraft loginand authenticate using the brand/umbrella account.
- Once authenticated register the snap name(s) with
snapcraft register yoursnapname.
Registering snaps via the web
- Login to https://snapcraft.io using the brand/umbrella account
- Register snap(s) here: https://snapcraft.io/account/register-snap
When you’ve registered snap(s) using a brand/umbrella account, you should add team members’ personal accounts to the umbrella/brand account via the Dashboard for your snap. For example https://dashboard.snapcraft.io/snaps/yoursnapname/collaboration/
Collaborators can then push and release snaps using their personal accounts.