For larger projects and ISVs it is often a requirement to publish snaps using a brand account. Here is an overview of how to create a brand account and define collaborators.
- Accounts are registered here: https://snapcraft.io/account
What we recommend is this:
- Create an umbrella/brand account using the project name or name of the legal entity publishing the software.
- Team members who have release management duties should register personal accounts.
Snaps can be registered using the
snapcraft tool or via the web. Snaps should be registered using the brand/umbrella account.
Registering snaps with Snapcraft
snap install snapcraft --classicon Linux or
brew install snapcrafton macOS.
snapcraft loginand authenticate using the brand/umbrella account.
- Once authenticated register the snap name(s) with
snapcraft register yoursnapname.
Registering snaps via the web
- Login to https://snapcraft.io using the brand/umbrella account
- Register snap(s) here: https://snapcraft.io/account/register-name
When you’ve registered snap(s) using a brand/umbrella account team members personal accounts should then be added as collaborators to the umbrella/brand account via the Dashboard for your snap. For example https://dashboard.snapcraft.io/snaps/yoursnapname/collaboration/
Collaborators can now push and release snaps using their personal accounts.