Classic snaps for new JetBrains apps

WebStorm, PhpStorm, GoLand, DataGrip and RubyMine have all been uploaded to the store and are pending review as they all require classic confinement in the same vein as their existing snaps (pycharm-community, pycharm-professional, intellij-idea-community, intellij-idea-ultimate, gogland). All these are IDEs which call out to other tools and utilities. I’ve vetted the developer.

Thanks. I maintain that IDEs should ideally bundle the things they need rather than requiring classic confinement and work towards working under strict confinement with home/removable-media.

Granted use of classic to all of these. This is now live.

1 Like

I’d love for editors to be covered by strict confinement, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect to be able to edit files outside of $HOME (for example, /etc/apt/sources.list).

These aren’t simple text editors though, these are full-blown IDEs AIUI. I don’t see why PhpStorm would be used to edit /etc/apt/sources.list.

@sergiusens mentioned that IDEs often need classic for plugins. I don’t know if this is true of JetBrains, but it seems that creative use of the content interface could accommodate plugins, and if not, we should capture why it is insufficient and try to solve that.

Please note that the use of classic was granted to these snaps.

1 Like

Hi @jdstrand!
Could you please also review CLion and PyCharm EDU snaps?
Thanks in advance.

Yes. Granted, this is now live.