Certain apps won't open

Hi there. I’ve got a few apps installed through snap. Most of them work, but a few will not open. Trying to figure out why and how I can fix it.

Apps that won’t run for me:
Bitwarden
Standard Notes
Winds

Hi. Thanks for reporting the issue. What’s the output of snap version? What changed since you last was able to run them? What happens if you open a terminal and run snap run standard-notes? Do you get debugging output?

Hi. Output for snap version is

snap 2.42.4-1
snapd 2.42.4-1
series 16
manjaro -
kernel 5.4.6-2-MANJARO

I am not entirely sure what changed since the last time they worked for me. I dual boot windows and Manjaro and it had been a couple of days since I had last been in Manjaro.

I uninstalled the snap version of standard notes and bitwarden and grabbed those from the AUR. But I tried snap run winds and nothing happens, not even debugging output. That is also the same as when I tried with standard notes earlier.

Hi! I got the same problem with Fractal, here’s a dump from terminal when trying to launch it

sleeper@GT70-0NC:~$ fractal
/snap/fractal/7/usr/bin/fractal: symbol lookup error: /snap/fractal/7/gnome-platform/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0: undefined symbol: g_mount_operation_set_is_tcrypt_hidden_volume
sleeper@GT70-0NC:~$

Im running Ubuntu 20.04 zfs on an older MSI GT-70-0NC

Hi all,
I am getting the same problem with standard notes. It was working for awhile but now will not start.
The output of running snap run standard-notes in a terminal is:
/home/andy/snap/standard-notes/8/.config/user-dirs.dirs: line 15: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"’
Looks like it may be a coding problem?
I completely removed snap, rebooted and reinstalled it and then added standard notes but I get the same problem. The app will not load. Same error as above.
Currently I am running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
P.S. I am running the web based version of standard notes with Firefox on Ubuntu and with an app on my android phone for now until this problem can be resolved.

I’m using Manjaro. Bitwarden, Standard notes, and authy snaps will install but fail on launch. I’m wondering if the common factor is electron?

I have just run into this myself. But my use case is a little odd.

I was using a system installed from the Ubuntu mini.iso in which I had to install snapd.

In my case, when using snap run snapname there is no output in the terminal (just fails and returns to the prompt almost immediately). Nor does a regular menu launch work. And nothing I can see in journalctl. It’s a little perplexing as some snaps work without issue.

EDIT - ANd what is also odd, some of the snaps that will not ope, will open if I use sudo. But also, not all of them. :thinking: