Cannot change mount namespace according to change mount

Hello - just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 22.10 (from Ubuntu 22.10) but found a couple of my snaps stopped running even though they worked before.

For example, when running slack I get:

andy@office:/run$ slack

update.go:85: cannot change mount namespace according to change mount (/run/user/1000/doc/by-app/snap.slack /run/user/1000/doc none bind,rw,x-snapd.ignore-missing 0 0): cannot inspect “/run/user/1000/doc”: lstat /run/user/1000/doc: permission denied

And when I try to run prospect-mail I get:

andy@office:/run$ prospect-mail

update.go:85: cannot change mount namespace according to change mount (/run/user/1000/doc/by-app/snap.prospect-mail /run/user/1000/doc none bind,rw,x-snapd.ignore-missing 0 0): cannot inspect “/run/user/1000/doc”: lstat /run/user/1000/doc: permission denied

(prospect-mail:11655): Gtk-WARNING **: 07:57:38.766: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:1422:23: ‘font-feature-settings’ is not a valid property name

(prospect-mail:11655): Gtk-WARNING **: 07:57:38.768: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:3308:25: ‘font-feature-settings’ is not a valid property name

(prospect-mail:11655): Gtk-WARNING **: 07:57:38.768: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:3770:23: ‘font-feature-settings’ is not a valid property name Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

I tried running as sudo and changing permissions but nothing has worked.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this issue so I do not have to do another fresh install after getting everything else setup the way I want?

No one knows or am I not asking the question correctly?

Can someone please help?

I just want to let you know that I’m watching this thread because I have the same problem on Manjaro.

I tried:

• TradingView
  • Ferdium
  • Audible

Same issue on openSuse now.

Yes, known, see openSUSE, apparmor 3.1.5 and kernel 6.3.7 issues

1 Like

Hello, I’ve encounter the same problem with the Tradingview snap and found the problem. It’s quite odd. It s linked to AppArmor, it secure the snaps. In my Home directory in Linux I’ve replaced the default folder (images, music, videos, etc… ) with symlink with the same name pointing to other drive. Looks like that was causing security issue with AppArmor, I’ve removed the symlink and put back the folders, rebooted and Tradingview is now launching now. You can apply that solution to other snaps.