Call for testing: Flare - an open source 2D RPG

Seems like a similar problem and hardware setup as described by @pharma above. Am I right in thinking you’d previously compiled this from source? Did you get hardware acceleration on your self-compiled version?

Works great for me (only played through first quest so far). Ubuntu 16.04 w/ 4.13 kernel and nVidia GTX 650 Ti (384.111 drivers).

1 Like

right, i get 60 FPS with flare compiled from source

Thanks @pixel. There are new builds landing in the --edge channel which might fix this. I’d be grateful if you and @pharma would test and let me know if you can now enable hardware rendering.

@Syntist - I don’t think this is going to help your issue but you’re welcome to test :slight_smile: .

@mcphail just tested, good FPS, all video settings now works, played about 40 mins no errors or issues. (on edge channel)

2 Likes

That’s brilliant. Thanks!

I’ve updated the beta channel, so hopefully everyone will benefit from accelerated rendering now.

2 Likes

same here, now works fine! thanks <3

- libgl1-mesa-glx in stage-packages?
1 Like

Yep. I thought SDL would have pulled that in by default, but obviously not :slight_smile:

Hi there @mcphail, now i’m on GeForce 930MX/PCIe/SSE2 and nvidia-driver-390 + 4.15.12-041512-generic ubuntu 18.04

FPS is low and this issue when trying to tweak video settings

Any ideas why?

Judging by what @mborzecki has been writing, the Nvidia proprietary drivers aren’t really working in snaps on 18.04 yet. It looks as if he may have a solution.

Works fine with the fixes I’m pushing in Nvidia GL libs access broken on Ubuntu 18.04 Hopefully we’ll land it soon.

3 Likes

Working for me also, On Arch Linux :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have no sound when using the beta snap on Ubuntu Mate 17.10. Hardware: i5-7300hq with 1050ti primus laptop with latest nvidia drivers.

The game is good, reminds me of the old D2 days :slight_smile:

Hi

Have you connected the process-control interface as mentioned in the original post? Audio won’t work without it. There’s a bug fix in progress so you shouldn’t have to do that in future, but it hasn’t landed yet.

2 Likes

Oops you are right, forgot about that when I installed.

1 Like

Works well on Solus! I’ve been looking for a new RPG to get in to, so thanks.

1 Like

Cheers! You might also be interested in Call for Testing: Tales of Maj'Eyal , although it is more of a Rogue-like than Diablo-like.

1 Like

I 've played flare-rpg to a decent extend (haven’t finished the empyrean campaign yet though) and I liked it. Haven’t had any bugs while playing. Sometimes I was kind of lost/unsure where to go to progress. Guess I 've been too spoiled from those games that had arrows pointing at where I should hack and slash towards. But some dialogues indicating the areas one should go towards to and/or some log entries would be helpful.

2 Likes

The audio bug appears to be fixed in the latest stable release of snapd, so there’s no longer any need to connect the process-control interface. I’ve released this to the stable channel. Thanks, everyone, for testing.

4 Likes