Autoconnect removable-media request for eternalmodmanager

EternalModManager is a mod manager for DOOM Eternal which assists in handling mods and the mod injector settings, and makes it easier to load mods into the game on Linux systems.

As discussed here, I wanna request auto connection for the removable-media interface for my eternalmodmanager snap.

The reason for this request is that the Steam/Wine game library folders can be on any folder owned by the user, and to avoid using classic confinement I wanna limit myself to accessing home and the external drives from the user.

I should also be able to remove this completely when support for GtkFileChooserNative and portals becomes complete in Electron.

Link to the snap’s source is here: https://github.com/PowerBall253/EternalModManager

Thanks for pursuing the use of portals, I think this is a great solution to this problem but I realise this only works for newer Linux distro releases. Whilst the auto-connect of removable-media is usually scoped to media editors etc as per Process for aliases, auto-connections and tracks, I personally feel that eternalmodmanager is acting like a media manager but for mod files plus it is pretty common to have your steam library etc stored on a separate disk which would be covered by the removable-media interface. As such, +1 from me for auto-connect of removable-media for eternalmodmanager assuming the publisher can be successfully vetted as the upstream of the project.

+1 from me for auto-connect removable-media to eternalmodmanager since I agree this can be considered as media and thus fits our criteria. I would also request publisher vetting as @alexmurray stated.

Pardon my ignorance, but how is publisher vetting performed?

@powerball253 the @advocacy team will get in touch with you to perform the vetting.

+2 votes for, 0 votes against. Once vetting is complete, this can be granted.

It’s been a while and I haven’t received any message from them, should I keep waiting?

@powerball253 apologize for the delay, there is only a final step missing from our side. @Igor could you please vet this publisher? Thanks!

+1 from me, I’ve verified the publisher.

Since publisher vetting was completed, granting auto-connect of removable-media to eternalmodmanager. This is now live.