Auto-connection for antennas

Hello,

I’ve rebranded my snap “armifi” to “antennas”. This snap basically turns a raspberry pi into a wifi router. It is intended to be run on Ubuntu Core 24, which doesn’t have a GUI to connect interfaces.

Since there is no way to rename a snap (that I was aware of), I’ve created a new snap for antennas. Which means it needs the same auto-connect as armifi:

• firewall-control
    • is required to forward packets correctly for ipv4 connected devices to have an internet connections.
    • Used to further improve device security. For example, to change from default allow to default drop and to setup rate limiting.
    • I’m using nftables and the nft frontend (which works really well with snap’s immutable files) to interact with the firewall. You can see the rule changes I’m making here
  • network-control
    • required for some of the services, such as hostapd, to function.

This app is open source.

You can find the original auto-connect request for armifi here.

Since armifi snap is having both these capabilities with auto-connect and publisher is also the same for both snap. I am giving +1 for this

But I am not sure on the rename part, maybe renaming can be possible??!! From the store admin side?

Thanks for the +1!

Unfortunately, according to other posts, renaming an existing snap is not possible.

+1 for me as well since it’s the same capabilities used for armifi and same publisher. +2 votes for, 0 against: Granting auto-connect of firewall-control and network-control to antennas. This is now live.

Thank you both for taking the time to review this! :slight_smile:

I’ve checked on my end and everything is working as expected