When excuting snapcraft, multipass permission denied

During the execution of snapcraft I got the following error:

$ snapcraft
Launching a VM.
Build environment is in unknown state, cleaning first.
info failed: The following errors occurred:
instance "snapcraft-xibo-player" does not exist
launch failed: Cannot read image format: qemu-img failed (Process returned exit code: 1) with output:
qemu-img: Could not open '/var/snap/multipass/common/cache/multipassd/vault/images/snapcraft-core18-٢٠٢٠١١١١/bionic-server-cloudimg-amd64-disk.img': Could not open '/var/snap/multipass/common/cache/multipassd/vault/images/snapcraft-core18-٢٠٢٠١١١١/bionic-server-cloudimg-amd64-disk.img': Permission denied

An error occurred with the instance when trying to launch with ‘multipass’: returned exit code 2.
Ensure that ‘multipass’ is setup correctly and try again.

The initial error forcing a clean is likely due to Snapcraft having some incorrect state (perhaps the multipass VM previously created was deleted manually?).

Though I’m not sure what would cause the launch of a new instance to fail like that. Maybe @saviq can help?

Is the name of the snap ٢٠٢٠١١١١?

snapcraft-core18-٢٠٢٠١١١١ is the folder where the image was downloaded

i have the same error with that format, have you found a solution ?

eaenergy@Y540:~/mysnaps/test$ sudo snapcraft
Running with 'sudo' may cause permission errors and is discouraged. Use 'sudo' when cleaning.
Launching a VM.
launch failed: Cannot read image format: qemu-img failed (Process returned exit code: 1) with output:
qemu-img: Could not open '/var/snap/multipass/common/cache/multipassd/vault/images/snapcraft-core18-٢٠٢٠١١١١/bionic-server-cloudimg-amd64-disk.img': Could not open '/var/snap/multipass/common/cache/multipassd/vault/images/snapcraft-core18-٢٠٢٠١١١١/bionic-server-cloudimg-amd64-disk.img': Permission denied

An error occurred with the instance when trying to launch with 'multipass': returned exit code 2.
Ensure that 'multipass' is setup correctly and try again.

I faced the same error and I fixed it by changing the language format of the system settings -> region & Language -> Formats, change it to US or UK or any other English format, I think it has a problem reading a directory with Arabic characters.

Mind creating an issue against multipass at https://github.com/canonical/multipass/issues ?

done, You can find it here