What does someone need to do to get featured?

For the last couple of months at least 0a.d. has been banner-featured in the games section. I am not sure if the other 2nd-level-featured games have changed.

Is this an automated thing based on something like snap downloads?

I maintain a small game (https://snapcraft.io/sar2) which would surely benefit from some more exposure than page 3 of the all games listing. So would many other games in the section. We love 0a.d and the others and I would not be surprised if they are the most downloaded games, but also featuring them for months likely helps them to get that. Is there any possibility to improve this and make the featured sections more diverse?

1 Like

@popey may be able to help. Featured placement is not highly automated currently but that is something we’d like to improve, so thank you for the feedback.

1 Like

What counts more towards visibility and downloads is being featured in the main section at the top of GNOME Software / Ubuntu Software / Snap Store. That drives installs pretty dramatically. I have made a note to have a play with your game and pop it in the featured list for next time we do an update, which is likely in a week or so.

1 Like