Welcome to the weekly development notes for snapcraft! This covers work from 03 September until 09 September of 2017.
- snapcraft 2.34 has been tagged, currently available in Ubuntu Artful Aardvark, 16.04 LTS and 17.04 in proposed and the snapcraft beta channel.
- Catkin plugin support for pip dependencies is landing in pieces; should make it into next version.
- Leo added unit tests to the plugin contributed by James Beedy which was the last piece to allow it to land into master.
Development in master
- nodejs plugin: switch from --global-folder to --prefix PR: #1539
- jhbuild plugin: remove dependency on pkgconf PR: #1535
- tests: update the store failure tests PR: #1538
- jhbuild plugin: fix UnboundLocalError for chmod_path PR: #1534
- demos: update the name of the remote mqtt part PR: #1533
- tests: update the meson test to latest meson requirements PR: #1532
- lxd: use a unique temporary folder PR: #1519
- jhbuild plugin: new plugin PR: #1298
- project: introduce build-snaps PR: #1518
- repo: use os-release(5) to detect supported Linux distributions PR: #1527
- demos: remove the unnecessary wrapper from the java demo PR: #1494
This weeks Pull Requests
- tests: add integration tests for build snaps PR: #1542
- tests: fix the TEST_STORE environment variable PR: #1541
- plugins: extract python finder functions PR: #1540
- project_loader: aliases are deprecated PR: #1537
- repo: implement :target suffix for package names PR: #1536
- tests: share the cache dir in the integration suite PR: #1530
- recording: record the packages installed in the machine PR: #1529
- recording: record the machine information collected by uname PR: #1528
Current active forum discussions
- Kivy App Not Working In Strict Confinement
- Launchpad now builds snaps in LXD containers, in support of “build-snaps”
- Easy configuration/customization for a snap
- Use of Python’s DistUtilsExtra causes pip install failure
- Staging dependencies that go into the snap
- Having trouble understanding snap packaging
- Snapcraft snap doesn’t exclude any libs from snaps it builds
- Specifying architecture on cross-compilations
- Snapcraft: easy way to know what is target arch in scriptlets
- 11 questions with no answers on Stack Exchange
- Snapcraft autopkgtest failure
- Why doesn’t my nodejs snap create a binary?
- Snapcraft errors with No such directory /tmp/
- Run snapcraft in container as a user
- Qt5 open in browser (QDesktopServices::openUrl()) does’t work
- Declaratively defining environment variables
- Snapcraft build-on hint for builders
- Asset recording for a built snap
- Where has snapcraft edge snap gone?