Welcome to the weekly development notes for snapcraft! This covers work from July 03 until July 07 of 2017.
First and for most, we extend a thank you from the team to all the external contributions we've seen this week, a special shout out to @evan and @ppisati.
Ongoing dicussions on the forum and feature branches took place last week:
- Consensus has been reached on manifest generation for a snap. Branches in progress and this is the forum post where it was finalized in.
- API discussions ongoing on how plugins can notify the assets used was discussed on this forum post.
- Added bash completion support in the advent of support in snapd. PR: #1390
- Correct handling of I/O errors on file replication logic. This allows one to work with snapcraft in docker from OS X to build snaps. PR: #1369
- Ongoing, with consensus now on how to declare architecture support of a snap for builders (builder hint) on this forum post.
- Project assigned containers are now cleaned on
snapcraft clean. PR: #1372.
- Use the correct uid on container mount for project assets. PR: #1385
- Default targets added for powerpc, ppcel64 and s390x. There are default targets for all the supported targets now. PR: #1377
- Cross compilation support for the autotools and waf plugin were proposed.
Project testing and CI
- Testing refactors for readability and speed. PR: #1391.
- Applied a workaround for the download failures due to CDN issues in our testbed PR: #1386.
News and outreach