We recently upgraded Blue Recorder to GTK4 and we facing issue with build

Hello, We recently upgraded Blue Recorder to GTK4 and use Freedesktop Desktop Screencast but we facing issue with build the issue is the following

/snap/blue-recorder/x1/blue-recorder: symbol lookup error: /snap/blue-recorder/x1/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpango-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: fribidi_get_par_embedding_levels_ex

I tried to fix the issue 3 days without success but when we package Blue Recorder in flatpak we didn’t face that issue also I’m sure all dependencies are correct

https://github.com/xlmnxp/blue-recorder

Regards, Salem Yaslem

I suspect this is because you’re using the gnome extension which has a conflicting build of libpango. There’s a handy cleanup stanza you can add which usually resolves this by removing files that are duplicated between the extension and your application part.

Like this: obs-studio/snap/snapcraft.yaml at master · snapcrafters/obs-studio (github.com)

1 Like

thank you a lot, that solve the issue! Why it not default or Snapcraft do it automatically?

I think because the goal is not to do “magic” unexpected things like delete files you may not expect.