VLC Not able to open VIDEO_TS Folders from ISO

I usually mount my ISOs and then open the VIDEO_TS folder with VLC. Since I installed the 3.0 Version as a snap, this will not be anymore possible. Here the Error:
Your input can’t be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL ‘file:///media/alfonso/M%20A%20GEA%20Espa%C3%B1ol/VIDEO_TS’. Check the log for details.

I don’t know where the Log File is, so I have no more information. VLC 2.x does this job without problems (no-snap one).

1 Like

did you connect the removable-meaid interface for the vlc snap ?

check with

snap interfaces

and connect it with

snap connect vlc:removable-media 

if you find it unconnected…
(there is also an “optical-drive” interface that might help with direct access to isos (not sure if it is bound to actual hardware or if it can use loop mounted isos too, but surely it is worth to connect it))

1 Like

Should we file an auto-connection request for this in #store? This should just work, really, though I know the Ubuntu desktop team are going to try and make a GUI for connecting interfaces like this (I think)?

Yes, that should really be auto-connected for VLC, and perhaps by default. /cc @jdstrand

2 Likes

That did the trick, thank you! Still looks old but I did already read that there are improvements being made for snap version to catch up with the Ubuntu Themes.
Thank you!

1 Like

This is being discussed elsewhere in the forum. I’ll follow up there.

1 Like

FYI, vlc now has a snap declaration to auto-connect removable-media.

3 Likes