Using VirtualBox requires
- Installing VirtualBox (and changing some settings)
- Installing distro in the old way (inside VirtualBox)
- Now you have a distro inside your main distro
Is there a way where
- You install something like VirtualBox or Docker
- You install a deb package inside it in the old way (using apt or gdebi)
- You get a snap package in your main distro (not snap in a distro in a distro) ?
Sorry if it is weird.
If I understand correctly you want to expose certain classic applications installed in a VM or container to the host system as a snap app?
that’s essentially what you do with snapcraft, isn’t it?
Thanks for letting me know this.
I am a hobbyist and I read a poorly written blog post about making snaps. It was not clear to me what the post was trying to say. I cant find it now because I dont keep history.
I will try googling a little bit more in the future before creating a discussion. This looks good.