Unable to launch firefox snap

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask for help. I posted to stack exchange as well but thought people here might be more interested in this as it directly relates to snaps.

So, I installed firefox snap but am unable to launch it.

» sudo snap install firefox                                                                                                                                                    
firefox 59.0.1-1 from 'mozilla' installed

» snap run firefox                                                                                                                                                             
execl failed: No such file or directory
child exited with status 1

Details about the firefox snap

»»»» snap info firefox                                                                                                                                                            
name:      firefox
summary:   Mozilla Firefox web browser
publisher: mozilla
license:   unknown
description: |
  The new Firefox 
  Meet Firefox Quantum. Fast for good.

Features:

• A powerful, new engine that’s built for rapidfire performance.
    • Better, faster page loading that uses less computer memory.
    • Gorgeous design and smart features for intelligent browsing.

Now 2x faster
  Crazy powerful browser engine? Check. Less time waiting around for pages to load? Also, check.
  Firefox Quantum is twice as fast as Firefox was before.

Smooth browsing
  Whether you’ve opened 10 or 1000, switching between tabs is faster than ever with Firefox’s new,
  responsive engine.

Seriously Private Browsing
  The most powerful private browsing mode with added tracking protection.

• Private Browsing
  ◦ Firefox blocks online trackers while you browse and won’t remember your history after you’re
  done.

• Tracking Protection
  ◦ Some ads have hidden trackers that follow you online. Rude. We know. That’s why our powerful
  tool stops them cold.

• Faster Page Loading
  ◦ By blocking some ads and scripts that bog down browsing, pages load up to 44%!(NOVERB) faster. Now
  that’s a win-win.

Customization Features

• Extensions
  ◦ Customize Firefox with thousands of extensions like LastPass, uBlock Origin, Evernote and more.

• Themes
  ◦ Make over Firefox to suit your mood! Choose a new look from our theme categories or create your
  own.

Sync your devices
  • Seamlessly access passwords, bookmarks and more. Plus, use our Send Tabs feature to instantly
  share open tabs between desktop, mobile and tablet.

Browse for good

Firefox is made by Mozilla, the non-profit champions of a healthy internet. Mozilla also tackles
  issues like privacy, misinformation and trolling by investing in fellowships, campaigns and new
  technologies designed to make the internet healthier.
commands:
  - firefox
snap-id:   3wdHCAVyZEmYsCMFDE9qt92UV8rC8Wdk
tracking:  stable
refreshed: 2018-03-16T10:00:17+05:30
installed:   59.0.1-1  (68) 193MB -
channels:                   
  stable:    59.0.1-1  (68) 193MB -
  candidate: 59.0-5    (66) 193MB -
  beta:      59.0b11-1 (57) 193MB -
  edge:      60.0b4-1  (69) 196MB -

Snapd details

»»»» snap version                                                                                                                                                               
snap    2.32+18.04~pre5
snapd   2.32+18.04~pre5
series  16
ubuntu  18.04
kernel  4.15.0-13-generic

probably related to

which seems to point to a general problem running snaps on the 18.04 pre-release

I was able to launch firefox - but I am getting frikkin’ annoyed with the same “default browser”
every time I launch the snap.

Oh yeah, I live in http://www.wttr.in/SanJose

If you uncheck the “Always perform this check when starting Firefox” checkbox on the dialog, does it prompt you again at the next startup?

@oSoMoN well speaking as a new user - Yes.

and even when I press tab or something to get off the ‘highlighted’ radio button (tried 8 times).

Where is the issues guide for this on github / launchapad ?

@attache hm, that points at userd not running. It should run automatically for you (it’s dbus-activated), but just in case, could you try opening a terminal, running snap userd, and then (re)launching firefox?

@chipaca that’s a very generic answer that doesnot apply here,

• It’s in the code …

where is the issue list for firefox-snap please ?

how do you know ? seems your snapd installation does not work properly as @chipaca pointed out, verifying it for him so he can dig into a fix only takes one command to run :wink:

This is now the third time I am asking for the firefox-snap issue list ?

#BreakingMyTwitter

Well and two persons told you it is very likely not a firefox issue, just running the command above any verifying that would be tremendously helpful …

The firefox and firefox-esr snaps are packaged by mozilla.org so https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ would be the place to go for bugs/issues …

mo mhile buichas leat. #gealge