Unable to access /root/project when the project directory path contains Chinese(Unicode) characters

Multipass build failed with:

Priming main 
Snapping |                                                                                
Failed to create snap, snap command failed:
stdout:

stderr:
error: cannot pack "/root/prime": mksquashfs call failed: Could not create destination file: Operation not permitted

It turns out that /root/project isn’t writable in the build environment for some reason, any ideas?

The packaging source tree is under the home directory and I have full write permission.

Update

I’ve successfully found the minimal reproduction steps and filed a bug at: Bug #1891851 “/root/project is Multipass mount inaccessible when…” : Bugs : Snapcraft

Update #2

It appears the Multipass itself also has some issues:

1 Like

Some testing revealed that when the project tree’s path contains Chinese characters the /root/project sshfs mount will be inaccessible, not sure if this is either Snapcraft or Multipass’s problem.

I don’t know for sure if there is an issue on the snapcraft side, but as you demonstrated there is something on the multipass/sshfs side (@saviq). Thanks for digging in on that @Lin-Buo-Ren, and I appreciate the repro steps :smiley: !

In the meantime, you should be able to use LXD with --use-lxd, that doesn’t seem to have the same behavior.

1 Like

2 months have passed, any progress regarding this issue?