Ubuntu-Image 2.0 not injecting snappy uboot env variables to uboot.env

Hello.

It seems after upgrading ubuntu-image to 2.0+snap1, it fails to inject the snap_core and other snap related snap related environment variables into uboot.env. It rendered my new built images unbootable, (uboot was complaining of the missing snap_core, snap_kernel, etc variables)

I had to use an old image to boot my device, but after downgrading to ubuntu-image 1.11+snap1 on latest/stable, it seems to work again (injects the variables)

Is someone aware of this?

Thanks for reporting this. Can you file a bug report at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-image/+bugs ? Please indicate which version of ubuntu-image you used when filing the bug.

Can other community members test this, before I submit the bugreport, or is it something that broke between 2.0 and 1.11 releases?

Well, AFAIU 2.0 is a major rewrite of ubuntu-image, so bugs may happen. I suggest filing a bug in launchpad and the maintainers will take a look at it.

1 Like

You are correct, that 2.0 is a major rewrite of ubuntu-image in a completely different language from 1.11 (moving from Python to Go). If you could create a bug in launchpad with as many details for how to recreate this as possible I will make it a priority to look at.

OK, I will make a bug-report as soon as I can get some time to focus on it, probably later on in my day today or over the weekend.

Bug submitted:

Thanks