Trying to install Vscode (that doesn't exist) throws the user around as if it did

% snap install vscode
error: snap "vscode" is not available on stable but is available to install on the following
       channels:

candidate  snap install --candidate vscode
       beta       snap install --beta vscode
       edge       snap install --edge vscode

Please be mindful pre-release channels may include features not completely tested or
       implemented. Get more information with 'snap info vscode'.
% snap install --candidate vscode
error: snap "vscode" is not available on candidate but is available to install on the following
       channels:

beta       snap install --beta vscode

Get more information with 'snap info vscode'.
% snap install --beta vscode
error: snap "vscode" is not available on beta but is available to install on the
       following channels:

Get more information with 'snap info vscode'.
% snap install --edge vscode
error: snap "vscode" is not available on latest/edge but other tracks exist.

Please be mindful that different tracks may include different features. Get
       more information with 'snap info vscode'.
% snap info vscode
error: no snap found for "vscode"

PS: I appreciate that the snap is called code.

there is an outage, see https://status.snapcraft.io/ … the above is most likely fallout of this …

It may be, but I reproduced it hours before the outage and still do.

oh, and i just understood that there is not even a vscode snap (but is called “code” as you mentioned above) …

that seems like an issue on the store side returning wrong data, i moved this post into the store category so the right people see it in their queue.

Hi - Sorry for the delay. We traced this down to some invalid data that somehow made it into our releases database for the vscode snap. We’re looking into how to best fix it, I expect this to be fixed in the next few days.

• Daniel
1 Like