Trying to create first snap package for Dart-sdk

Hi, everyone. Complete newbie for snap and packaging in general. I am trying to create a snap package for the Dart Language sdk. It is a simple zip file that you have to unzip and place in a directory with user privileges, and set environment variables. Here is my snapcraft.yaml.

name: dart-sdk
version: 2.0.0
summary: Dart Language SDK
description: This includes the Dart SDK, and adds environment variables for the skd and pub package manager. For more information on the Dart Language, please visit www.dartlang.org

confinement: classic

parts:
dart-sdk:
plugin: dump
source: https://storage.googleapis.com/dart-archive/channels/stable/release/2.0.0/sdk/dartsdk-linux-x64-release.zip

build-packages:
  - wget
  - unzip

once I create the snap, I type in: snap install --classic --dangerous dart-sdk_2.0.0_amd64.snap

This installs the snap under: /snap/dart-sdk/current/dart-sdk, but I have several problems.

1. The sdk requires root access. I need it to allow for user access without the user doing a chmod.
  2. I need to change the environment variables, but I could not figure this out from the documentation.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

How to snap dart console project

I’m interested in a dart snap as well, any progress?

Unfortunately, no. As you can see, I don’t have a single answer, and I even gave a bounty out for it.

Joining the request.
Dart snap can be wonderful and after that maybe even flutter snap.

If you are trying to create dart snap with the sdk inside go to my post.